Friday, February 12, 2010

Hands Free is the Way to Be

I love to share my small joys with you. Today is no exception. Over the course of the past few months, my neck has been feeling a little tight, although not painful at all. After a drive from Eau Claire to Rochester, Rochester to the cities, and the cities home, and being on the phone the entire time, my neck was especially sore. Perhaps it was because in the car, I sit like this:

I decided to go to the chiropractor, who adjusted my back and told me to sit and look like this:

(Okay, okay... not really look like her. Who is that seductive while sitting in an office chair? I guess I'm close when I'm wearing my Snuggie.)
So anyway, I've been really trying to stand more like this:

Although it's hard because I talk on the phone like this:

I decided I needed a hands-free device, although I lacked the extra funds necessary for such a contraption. Before my trip to Rochester I accompanied my husband to an automotive shop to buy new windshield wipers (Note: I am purposefully withholding the name of the automotive shop because I fear so many of you will go and swarm them with an overwhelming amount of customers). Anyway, while Ceej was taking care of the wiper business, I browsed the clearance rack (which is to be expected), and what did I find? A hands free device for any phone!! And how much was it?! $2.99!! YESSS. I was delighted. I took it up to the counter with a slightly-too-large smile on my face. He rung it out, I had my $5 bill ready and waiting. We made eye contact. "That'll be five cents, please." WHAT!?!?!?!??!? FIVE CENTS?!??!?! My smile drooped slightly in confusion, my eyes grew wide. I glanced at Ceej with a look that said "we better take it and run because this guy is crazy," gave the man a nickel, and scurried out of there before he changed his mind. I was on cloud nine the rest of the day. And it works wonderfully. SUCCESS.

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

That is like beyond a bargain!!

Anonymous said...

pretty sure you got away with a steal...LOL!! that is awesome!

Edwin and Chelsea said...

Too funny. Good info about the posture stuff- I've been using my Wii Fit and they talk all the time about posture... I've been working on it too :) It's really easy to forget about but when you change it, the difference is easy to see (feel)!! We should chat soon, I'd love to hear how you are doing.

Edwin and Chelsea said...

That comment is just from me (Chel).. but since Edwin and I use my email for our blog (thanks for being a follower by the way), we both show up... Hmm...