Sunday, April 4, 2010

Girlfriends and Easter Joys


Oh joy! This week entailed some exciting events: The first was that two of my best girlfriends from high school came to town from their "homes" of Colorado & Texas (although I'm sure they'll always consider Altoona their real home... I mean, who wouldn't?). Therefore my closest group of high school girlfriends got together for breakfast. I gave the baked french toast another go (haven't felt up to it since it prompted the fire a few months back), and it was a success. A tad smokey as the butter/brown sugar topping overflowed in the oven, but I'm not complaining. Also tried a new recipe for a bacon, tator tot, cheese, and egg dish. Here is a random side note: I have been obsessed with cooking lately. In the past week I've made (from scratch, mind you): macaroni and cheese, chili, the two breakfast dishes described above, rolls, and stir fry (among "easier"/low prep items). You may not be impressed, but it feels like a lot. I think it's because with cooking there is immediate gratification. That is, you prep, you bake, it's done, you eat. Yum. That's it! Job well done. This is completely the opposite of school, which is more like, you prep/plan, you try, you fail to complete you plan, you come back to it and complete it, you move on to the next assignment, it takes you longer than planned, you finish that, you missed this, you spent too much time on that, and oh, surprise! There's an exam tomorrow. Not quite as satisfying. ANYWAY, back to the breakfast, it was super great! We're all still very close, and it's just fun being with people who know so much about you and you them, and you all love one another anyway. That was an excellent morning. AND we had a new one in the mix, little Miss. Brinnley Louise. Hopefully she won't ruin things (JUST KIDDING).


Oh Easter!! I love this day and the days preceding it. Ceej and I went to church on Good Friday and the candle lit Mass Saturday night. Sunday morning the Easter bunny brought Ceej breakfast in bed (lucky kid). I did some homework, we went for a little bike ride, and then we went to his parents for lunch. A lot of family came, so it was especially nice to see everyone, play bean bag toss, and just be outside! My mom also stopped by for a bit, so we covered a lot of bases. Now I'm studying (well, was and will be; RIGHT now I'm blogging), and Ceej went back to his parents to spend time with the family. It was a really nice day! Now I just need to get a million things done. I hate that feeling of leaving something special to go to something completely horrid. Oh, did I mention that my semester is done in 11 days and 17 hours? Well, it is.

1 comment:

Edwin and Chelsea said...

I just saw you had zero comments on this post, and speaking from experience... that's a letdown. Every time you check your blog there's a glimmer of hope that SOMEONE has left you some sliver of gratitude for the entertainment and news you provide. Well my dear, this was a great post. Your french toast was delicious, btw. I may make a repeat trip just to have seconds :) miss you mucho and it was SUCH a treat to see you and the girls.